It’s day 5 of the Reverb10 Project:
Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year?
I’ve let go of so much…and the freedom feels oh-so-great.
I guess we all have these phases in life when we’re strong, then weak, then strong again. I went through a rough cycle this year and spent a lot of time in frustration. Frustration over time and energy spent on a toxic relationship. Challenges in my work. Sweating over the small stuff. But then I let go. I started reading more again, developing my own interests and restoring ME. I noticed that as soon as I had let go of those bothersome pieces, amazing things happened in my life. And I’m glad to be back in full force.
I’ve let go of:
- self doubt
- a few people and thoughts that restrain me from showing and doing my best.
- letting small bumps in the road and past events bother me so much
- confidence and fierce stride
- focus and clarity in who and what is most important in my life
- better health
- the ability to redirect my stress factors into productivity
- THIS blog
Every time I feel I might be sliding, I think of this:
If I were to grab a handful of sand on the beach, there would be a some sand not worth keeping. But there might be a few beautiful seashells in between worth holding on to.
Keep the seashells.
How about you? What did you let go of this year?